Lieber's Sesame Seeds, 7.5 Ounces
Improves Blood Pressure
sesame oil is a strong antihypertensive since it helps normalize blood pressure levels.
High in Zinc, Calcium, Copper, Manganese, Iron and Phosphorus
High in Fiber
these little seeds have high fiber levels which can aid in a healthy digestive system
Contains Sesamin and Sesamolin
Both of these substances belong to a group of special beneficial fibers called lignans, and have been shown to have a cholesterol-lowering effect in humans. Sesamin has also been found to protect the liver from oxidative damage.
Sesame Seeds feature a mild, pleasant nuttiness with an appealing crunch. Great for Asian stir-fries, sushi, coating for meat or fish, noodles, vegetables, salads, breads, rolls, buns, muffins and sweet dishes.
- Mild, pleasant nuttiness with an appealing crunch
- Great for Asian stir-fries, sushi, coating for meat or fish, noodles, vegetables, salads, breads, rolls, buns, muffins and sweet dishes
- Perfect for use in sweet or savory dishes, or grind to make hummus/tahini
- Kosher certified
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups of These Sesame Seeds
- 1 T of oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the sesame seeds to a skillet and cook over medium heat. Stir frequently until golden.
- Place the golden sesame seeds in a food processor and process until a butter has formed (3-4 minutes).
- Stop the processor and add salt.
- Turn on processor and slowly add the oil - process for 1 more minute until a smooth tahini has formed
- In a bowl, combine coconut sugar, egg, and tahini (approximately 1 ¾ cups) and stir until a dough forms.
- Next, fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop the batter into 12-15 cookie balls and place on a baking sheet
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are golden
- remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes
- Store leftovers in an airtight container
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Dairy-Free, & Gluten-Free
Yields: 12-15 cookies