Additional Information

Additional Information
  • Home

Account Navigation

Account Navigation

Currency - All prices are in AUD

Currency - All prices are in AUD
 Loading... Please wait...
FREE Shipping on Orders Over $79
  • Call or Text 718-568-9195
  • My Account
  • Gift Certificates
Whole And Natural

Kirkland Signature Calcium 500 mg with D3, 240 Adult Gummies


Kirkland Signature Calcium 500 mg with D3, 240 Adult Gummies


Product Description

Kirkland Signature Calcium 500 mg with D3, 240 Adult Gummies

Kirkland Signature™ Calcium Adult Gummies are a delicious way to get the calcium and vitamin D needed to help your bones stay strong. These two nutrients work together to support strong bones and teeth, plus Vitamin D helps maintain a healthy immune system. Just one, 2 gummy serving is all you need to get 500 mg of calcium and 20 μg (1000 IU) of Vitamin D.

· May reduce the risk of osteoporosis*

· Supports strong bones and teeth

· Immune support

· Crisp and delicious orange and cherry flavors

Minerals are earth-derived elements that cannot be produced by living organisms but are important for human health. Minerals are introduced into the food chain by plants which acquire them from the soil. Minerals can be classified into two categories, major minerals and trace minerals. Major minerals, such as calcium, are those found in the body in amounts greater than 5 grams.

Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body. Over 99% of the body’s calcium is found in the bones and teeth where it provides structural support. The remaining 1% of calcium is found in the blood, muscle, and other soft tissues. The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for calcium is between 1,000 - 1,300 mg/day for adults, depending on age and gender.

Calcium is perhaps best known for its role in building strong bones. In bones and teeth, calcium is found as calcium hydroxyapatite, along with phosphorous, which gives these hard tissues their strength. Bone is a living tissue that undergoes a continuous remodeling process. During normal growth and development, bone formation exceeds bone resorption but this balance may shift with age.

Adequate calcium and vitamin D as part of a healthful diet, along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis later in life. Vitamin D helps develop strong bones and teeth by enhancing the absorption of calcium and phosphorus. Osteoporosis can affect anyone but risk increases with age. Furthermore, the risk of osteoporosis is greatest in White and Asian women of a small frame.

In addition to its important role in promoting bone strength, calcium helps to maintain the health of other vital systems in the body.† Calcium is involved with heartbeat regulation, promotes proper muscle contraction, and plays a role in nerve impulses.

Calcium is one of the most important minerals in your body and as an essential mineral, it is needed every day. However, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) data reflect adolescents, post-menopausal women, and seniors may be falling short in getting recommended amounts of calcium. In general, women are less likely than men to get adequate amounts of calcium from foods alone.

Dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and cheese are excellent sources of calcium. Calcium is also found in green leafy vegetables but due to the presence of other nutritional factors, it may not be as efficiently absorbed. It has been shown that eating spinach at the same time as milk can reduce the absorption of calcium from the milk. Additional dietary and lifestyle factors may also impact calcium status. High sodium intake, alcohol consumption and caffeine from coffee, tea and soft drinks may increase calcium excretion and/or reduce calcium absorption.

To maximize calcium absorption from supplements, take no more than 500 mg at a time. It is also recommended to take Kirkland Signature™ Calcium Adult Gummies with a meal to help with absorption.

*Adequate calcium with Vitamin D as part of a healthful diet, along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis later in life.

SUGGESTED USE: Take one softgel daily, preferably with a meal.

INGREDIENTS: dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Gelatin, Glycerin. No Artificial Colors. No Artificial Flavors. No Preservatives. No Yeast or Starch. No Gluten.

CAUTION: Consult your physician before taking this product if you have vascular disease (such as heart disease or history of stroke) or diabetes, are pregnant or nursing, taking medication, facing surgery, have bleeding problems, or undergoing any treatment which may affect the ability of blood to clot. Keep out of the reach of children. Store at room temperature, tightly closed.

Find Similar Products by Category